Welcome to Chatfield Senior High School Athletic Registration
The first day of practice/tryouts for Winter Sports is Monday, November 18th.
Winter sports offered at Chatfield include Boys/Girls Basketball, Boys/Girls Wrestling, Girls Swimming, and Ice Hockey.
Skiing is offered at Evergreen High School and you must register through their site.
The online registration for these sports is now open.
Registrations need to be completed by November 13th in order for the Athletic Department to have enough time to clear all registrations before the first practice/tryout.
Athletic Registration is open. First official practice for Winter Sports is November 18th. If you have not registered please get it in by Monday.
All incoming Freshmen and new students must ALSO register with Planet HS (formerly Arbiter athlete)
All returning athletes need to log into planeths.com (formerly Arbiter athlete) and confirm information and sports participating in.
Please read the registration information below carefully.
Once registration is open, allow 48-72 hours for processing.
Athletes will need to participate in a certain number of practices before they may play in a contest.
STEP 1: Get a Sports Physical
Students in grades 9-12 registering for athletics must have a current physical examination on file with the Athletic Office before the student is authorized to participate in practice/tryouts. Physicals are current for 12 months from the date of the last exam.
- If you don't have a current sports physical, make an appointment with your doctor ASAP or you can also go to the Little Clinic at King Soopers or Healthcare Clinic at Walgreens and get a sports physical. You will need to upload a copy of the physical during Step 4 of the registration process. Please click here for the form that you can bring to your physician
- If you previously registered online and you still have a current physical it will be in your account. Make sure to verify the dates.
STEP 2: You will need your student's Jeffco Student ID to register.
Students who attend a Jeffco school already have a Student ID number.
If your student is new to Jefferson County, is a home-schooled student, or attends a private school, and plans to participate in sports at Chatfield Senior High School (or any Jeffco high school), they will need a Jeffco Student ID. If your student attended pre-school, kindergarten, or any grade at a Jeffco school years ago, they already have a Jeffco ID. To find out what it is, please contact Mrs. Lucas and she can look that up for you. Call her at 303-982-3555 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not create another Jeffco account!
If you are certain your student never attended a Jeffco school, you will need to obtain your ID by creating an account using JeffcoConnect.
STEP 3: REGISTER ONLINE
Click on the sporting icon at the bottom of this page and start the online registration. If you are new to the online registration process You will create a Family account, then you will receive an email with a link to continue with registration. Click on the link and complete the seven-part registration. If you have previously registered spring,fall, or winter of 2018 log into your family account and click register student. DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT. Once you have completed your registration, you will need to wait 48-72 hours (Mondays-Fridays) for the Athletic Department to approve your registration. You will receive an email once you are approved. In the meantime, proceed to Step 4 and create an account on Arbiter Athlete. There is a quick guide for parents. Click on "Other Forms" above for the guide.
STEP 4: Athletes sign up with Planeths.com (Formerly Arbiter Athlete)
Planet High School is a new system introduced by CHSAA and all Colorado athletes must sign-up for an account. There is a one-time sign-up, and then athletes will update the information each season they play a sport.
Transfer Students and Non-Attending Students
If you are new to Chatfield, or attend a school that does not offer your sport, you will need to complete some additional paperwork in the Planet High School site. Transfer students will need to complete the CHSAA Transfer form, those who attend a different school will need to complete Form 7-Student Athlete Information, and foreign exchange students will need to complete that form. All of those forms are available in Arbiter Athlete.
Parents only need to sign-up for an account if their athlete is:
- Transferring to Chatfield from another high school. Complete the online Transfer Form.
- A Non-Attending Athlete, meaning they will play a sport at Chatfield, but attend a different Jeffco or another high school. Complete Form 7-Student Information Form and scan and email Ms.Lucas
- A Foreign Exchange student. Complete the International Student form and email Ms. Lucas
To Sign-up for a Planet High School (previously Arbiter Athlete) Account:
- All Student Athletes must have an account with Planet HS (previously Arbiter Athlete) Your student can text 69274 and use code s41565 to register or log in to Planeths.com. Incoming Freshmen and new students need a new account. Returning athletes need to log in and confirm information.
- Students Only Create an account and then you are done. Paperwork for transfer students is done on this site. Foreign exchange athletes and non-attending (including homeschool) athletes will need to fill out form 11. This form will be emailed to you after your registration is submitted by Ms. Lucas in the athletic office.
STEP 5: Pay your Athletic Fee.
The athletic fee will not be posted to your Jeffco Connect account until all try-outs for sports have been completed and rosters set per sport. You will receive an email from your coach letting you know that you can then access your account to pay the fee. At this time please pay the $175 Jeffco athletic fee and team fees, via Jeffco Connect
Students on the Free and Reduced Lunch program do not need to pay the $175 fee, however, they must still pay any team fees.
WHO CAN PRACTICE/TRYOUT? Only athletes who received an email from Mrs. Lucas stating they were clear to practice.
WHAT IF I SUBMITTED MY INFO BUT HAVE NOT RECEIVED AN EMAIL? Attend practice so your coach sees you, but sit on the sidelines until you receive an email to practice.
LAST YEAR I WENT TO THE MAIN OFFICE AND YOU GAVE ME A PRACTICE PASS. CAN YOU DO THAT TODAY? No. This is a new system being used by all of Jeffco. You must do everything online and you are either approved, or not.
I DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO A COMPUTER. Come into the Main Office and we can let you use a computer.
I'M HAVING AN ISSUE WITH UPLOADING MY PHYSICAL. Please email Mrs. Lucas your physical and a note. Do not expect a response for 24 hours.
Do not come to the Main Office with paperwork (unless it is a form 7).
It is our goal to get as many athletes as possible approved for practice.
Click the icon below to begin registering, starting October 14th, 2019.
You will need your student's Jeffco Student ID to complete the registration
Click the icon below to begin
If you have questions or need assistance with the registration, please address it to:
Nikki Lucas - Athletic Secretary
Craig Aukland - Athletic Director
Phone: (303) 982-3576